SPIN THE WORLD, LLC NEWS (Updated: Nov. 4, 2009)
The "Help!" CD is now available in Apple's ITunes Store (you must have Itunes installed)
Laptop Stickers on Sale Only $.99. 4" square, durable vinyl printing.|
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Some Articles of Interest|
There are obviously more articles on the internet than one can possibly read, so we are attempting to limit this list to pages that we have actually read, are reading or have bookmarked for reference AND have been useful to us in this business.
- From Shakespeare to DJ Danger Mouse: A Quick Look at Copyright and User Creativity in the Digital Age: This short essay argues that copyright law has not kept pace with the creative revolution of cyberspace and that the law should strike a new balance.
- State of the News Media 2006: This report by The Project for Excellence in Journalism analyzes the state of, and trends in, all major forms of new media, very interesting, fairly objective information.
- Even More Parodic Than The Real Thing: Parody Lawsuits Revisited: Argues that the fuzzy distinction between parody and satire should be abandoned.
- Ronald J. Cappuccio's Legal Newsletters: Provide concise, summary information on a range of business/financial legal issues like taxes, estate planning, starting a business.
- Hieros Gamos: Guide to Intellectual Property Law Resources: Extenstive collection of links to information about copyright and trademark law.
- Hieros Gamos Legal Business Center: A useful collection of links on topics like starting a business, legal structures, finance and accounting.
- Michigan Telecommunications & Technology Law Review: This journal was one of the first law journals to use interactive media to promote informed discourse about the interrelated legal, social, business, and public policy issues raised by emerging technologies. Some of its symposia presentations are in audio-video format.
- Federal Communications Law Journal: From the University of Indiana Law School, a law journal focused on federal regulation of broadcasting.
- Musical Musings: The Case for Rethinking Music Copyright Protection: (pdf format) by J. Michael Keyes, published in the MTTLR.
- Copyright for Collage Artists: A well-written site intended to outline copyright basics for artists.
- Franklin Pierce Law Center Intellectual Property Mall: The IP Mall provides a unique collection of Pierce Law hosted intellectual property resources and links to the most valuable IP resources in the world (patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, licensing, technology transfer, etc.).
- Findlaw's Legal Forms Archive: The business forms and sample agreements can be useful. Obviously, agreements need to reflect a specific understanding, but it's helpful to have issue checklists and boilerplate language available.
- U.S. Copyright Office: Information about Copyright Registration: Includes forms for various types of creative works.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Webcasting: This FAQ from the Recording Industry Association of American contains some instructive information about the process for licensing music for internet broadcast.
- Agents of Chaos : Judicial Confusion in Defining the Right of Publicity-Free Speech Interface: This Article discusses how courts have ruled upon First Amendment defenses to right of publicity claims, evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of these approaches, and suggests standards that may help reconcile the competing property and expressive interests in the context of the right of publicity.