SPIN THE WORLD, LLC NEWS (Updated: Nov. 4, 2009)
The "Help!" CD is now available in Apple's ITunes Store (you must have Itunes installed)
Laptop Stickers on Sale Only $.99. 4" square, durable vinyl printing.|
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Self-Help Information with an Emphasis on Business Law|
There are obviously more articles on the internet than one can possibly read, so we are attempting to limit this list to pages that we have actually read, are reading or have bookmarked for reference AND have been useful to us in this business.
- How to Register Your Copyright in Performing Art Works: From the U.S. Copyright Office.
- How to Incorporate a Business: A general article with some good specific suggestions.
- Free Patents Online: The site allows free patent searching, free patent PDF downloading, allows you to set up alerts, and organize and share documents.
- Online Legal Self-Help Center: This Web site from the California Courts will help you find assistance and information, work better with an attorney, and represent yourself in some legal matters.
- Nolo: Legal Self-Help Publisher: This extensive self-help site contains sections on business & human resources, patents, copyrights & art, wills and estate planning, money & property, family law & immigration, and rights & disputes.
- Georgia Court Forms: Standard forms for juvenile, probate, civil, domestic and inmate filings. Forms are scanned to .pdf format so you will need to print or type on them for filing.
- Georgia Legal Aid Directory: Georgia's web site guide to free legal information and legal services.
- Georgia Secretary of State's First Stop Business Information Center: Attempts to provide small business owners and prospective entrepreneurs with a central point of information and contacts for state regulatory requirements for operating a small business.
- How to Apply for Employer ID Numbers (Federal Tax ID Numbers): You can obtain a federal tax ID number from the IRS through their web site.
- Online Business Entity Filings - Georgia: You can file article of organization and incorporation through the Secretary of State web site and pay filing fees online. Much faster than filing by mail.
- How to Obtain Free Credit Reports: This page from the Federal Trade Commission explains how you can take advantage of the The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and obtain a copy of your credit report from each of three major nationwide consumer reporting companies once every 12 months.
- How to Correct Mistakes in your Credit Reports: This detailed publication from the Federal Trade Commission explains how you can fix mistakes contained in your credit report and avoid credit scams.
- Official U.S. District Court Bankruptcy Forms These forms must be used to file and take action in bankruptcy cases which can only be filed in federal court, the bankruptcy basics section of this site accompanies these forms.
- Download Federal Tax Forms: From the IRS web site, most forms include instructions, very useful at tax time.
- Answers to FAQ about Federal Taxation of Business Entities: This IRS publication includes links to further information and forms that can be used by business entities.
- How to Obtain a Marriage or Firearms License in Georgia: Follow these instructions outlined by the Georgia Probate Courts.
- American Bar Association's Practical Law Series: A straightforward series of publications to inform you about your legal rights and how the law affects everyday situations.
- Law Guru: One of the most popular legal web sites on the Internet. It is offered as a free service to the entire Internet Community.
- FindLaw Resources for Small Business: This site is is here to help you find solutions to your legal issues by providing you with easy and comprehensive access to small business lawyers and legal information.